CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Sunday, May 10, 2009

First off, let me say Happy Mother's Day to all the females that have passed aliens from their vaginas! I hope you all had a lovely day with your respective spawn.

Second, I had something meaningful and insightful to say in the beginning of this blog...but alas, my brains are of Swiss Cheese. Today has been...a pain in my butt to be honest. It was nice hanging out with my mom...and I got some really rad new gray nail polish (I know...sounds gross, but actually it's very pretty). But last night, or the night before last...something happened to my eyelids. I'm not quite sure what...but they itch and are kind of puffy. It's almost like having poison ivy all over them (I've had that happen to me...so I know whereof I speak). Now I am quite certain I didn't go around rubbing the "leaves of three" on my face (this time)...so I know it's not really poison ivy...but I did start using a couple of new products. One: Neutrogena's Oil Free Acne Wash Cream Cleanser (Jesus, that was a mouthful). I had a little surge of acne and I'm fairly certain that this is the offending item. It has Salicylic Acid in it. I have RETARDEDLY sensitive skin. Now when I was younger...I just thought the tingle meant it was working...well, now that I'm older, I HAVE BIG PUFFY EYELIDS!!! (fuck me.) There are other parts of my face that are pretty itchy and not so pleasant to look at right now...so that's why my suspicions are with the wash. It's either that or...
Two: Baby Butt Wipes. I bought some (unscented of course) to clean off my makeup before I washed my face. I thought it was a good idea because they are hypoalergenic and made for the most sensitive of sensitive areas...a baby's arse. (Not that I'm saying my face looks like a butt or anything...well...if my effing eyelids get any puffier, it might...) My friend thought that because it took a bit of a rub to get the makeup to actually come completely off, it might have irritated my skin. I've decided to stop using these altogether for that very reason.

But enough about my fucked up face. On to the completely vain and vapid part of our program.
I follow this blog called Dr. Frankenpolish because it's fun. This chick makes very cool nail polish colors out of two or more OTHER colors. I used to do that a bunch when I was in grade school, and I stopped, probably because I got yelled at for messing up the carpets. I digress...
Since I had all those jars of pigment from Coastal Scents, I decided to mix them up in a bottle of clear polish to see what I could get.


I mixed a little bit of the Antique Gold Mica Powder with some Interfine Red (a duochrome) and came up with this:


It's kind of hard to see in this crappy-ass picture...but the color is like a goldy/brown with a pink shimmer to it. I liked it a lot...because it's much more subdued than what I'm used to wearing...and I don't really have a lot of the more "normal" colors. The only problem I had with it, and I'm certain it's because I added too much actual pigment, is that it bubbled even though it was dry and it chipped like crazy even with my regularly scheduled China Glaze Amazing Duo.



And last, but not least...Crazy Makeup Corner! Since my eyelids were all janky today (but I couldn't DARE go out without makeup on) I decided to mess around a bit with just some liner. This doesn't go any higher than the lash line...but it looks like it does because of my balloon-lids. The turquoise is from my new Kryolan Aquacolor palette...with a bit of eyeshadow to set it. The black line Raven Gel Eyeliner from Heavenly Naturals...set with some of Glittersniffer's Toothache.


I'm not crazy about the look...and I'll probably never do anything as...loony...again. I mean, it looks KINDA pretty...but it's definitely not something I'd wear every day...and for me, that's saying a whole heck of a lot because...I mean...I based my eyeshadow off of a freakin' Pokemon for fuck's sake. Anyhow, that's all I've got. It's definitely time for bed. Perhaps after I shut down my computer and am comfortably snuggled in bed, I will remember what it was I was going to say that was so interesting.

The end.

0 comments: