CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Thursday, February 17, 2011

e.l.f. Haul & Swatches

A few posts back I let you guys know about a sale over at http://www.eyeslipsface.com/ where if you spent $25, you got 10 of their mineral eyeshadows for frees! FREES! Well, I have some haul pictures and swatches for you, so you can see all the pretties! I have had the chance to play with most of these, with the exception of the 100 eyeshadow palette. (I lie, I touched at least half of the colours...oooh that sounds dirty.)

First up, the mineral shadows. Each pot was pretty big, 0.85g per. They come with a sifter...and we all know how much I love my sifters. I will list each colour under the picture, left to right; top to bottom.


Top row:
Innocent
Elegant
Wild
Earthy (it's a lot greener in real life, but still light)
Outdoorsy (also a lot greener, but much darker than I had anticipated)

Bottom Row:
Dreamy
Beachy
Smoldering
Socialite (LOVE THIS COLOUR!)
Seductive

These are the lip gloss and blush swatches:


Gloss:

Top - Minty Lip Gloss in Nashville - This colour is very pale, a tiny bit plumping and the mint is lovely.
Bottom - Lip Stain in Heartbreaker - I wore this a bit today...it's only OK. The colour is pretty much the same as my normal lip colour, and it doesn't really last more than any regular gloss.

Blush:

Left - Peachy Keen - I wore this for like four days in a row...I love it. Almost more than I like my Nars blush...almost.
Right - Berry Merry - I wore this today, it's a gorgeous pink with a tiny bit of gold undertone! I am extremely happy with this as well as I thought it was going to me much too plum coloured for me.

I also took a quick picture of the 100 eyeshadow palette...it's a crappy one...but I figured it's always nice to see more than the picture on the website.


Of the little swatching I did...there are a few colors that are amazing...but most of them are only so-so. I'll have more information when I've actually gotten to dig into it a bit more. I will say this...a lot of the e.l.f. products have a musty...almost mushroomy...smell to them. A while back I bought a bunch of their liquid eyeliners that had the same problem, I thought perhaps that they had gone off or something, but now that I've gotten this palette...I'm guessing it's just their smell. It's kind of gross...but whatever.

I have absolutely no idea what to do with this palette...that always happens to me when I have too much to pick from. Leave a comment below if you have any ideas, or want to see some specific looks involving any of my e.l.f. swag!

The end!

1 comments:

Pili said...

Ooooh, I really like Elegant and Earthy!