CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Thursday, January 7, 2010

It's just too heavy for Superman to lift.

 I really love that song...it makes me so sad for some reason. (click the blue for some Flaming Lips goodness)

I've mentioned before that my days off are usually the times when I wear the craziest makeup I can think of. Just because. I don't usually have anywhere to be except occasionally playing cards with my mother...and she is as much amused by my cosmetic meanderings as I am. This week I decided I wanted to try to copy an old Xsparkage look from her Superhero Series. I try to pick looks that seem hard to me...that are just above my skill level...so that if I am able to nail them, I feel like I've learned something.

The original tutorial can be found >here<. The only thing I was able to keep the same between her look and mine was the blue from the Mehron Tropical Palette. Well, that and her and I share the same devotion to Too Faced Shadow Insurance. The rest was done with the Coastal Scents 88 Matte palette. 

I feel like my look is "chalker"...if that makes sense. Her's looks so much more velvety. I'm certain a lot of that has to do with the difference in the quality of product. The 88 palette is great...but it's not M.A.C.

Anyhow, on to the pictures.



That bit in the corner where the red and the yellow meet up could have been more blended...but I didn't want it to turn to orange. There was already enough going on without throwing another color into it.  If I did this again, I would also not use the yellow from the 88 palette. It sucked. The brightest blue also had some glitter in it, which was not ideal...but I knew it wouldn't show up really.

Since there would be no Superman without Clark Kent...I thought I'd take a glasses shot for posterity.



Thoughts?

The end.

0 comments: