CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I am titleless tonight.

It seems that I have been needing more sleep as of late...and I'm not sure why. My recent blood tests haven't had anything indicative in them...so I'm not really sure what to do about it, other than sleep. Tonight, I had just about the BEST nap ever. I got home around 5:30...and decided to nap at 6. I set my alarm for 8...and then CONKED out. (That's a technical term btw.) That two hours was seriously better than most of the full nights of sleep I get. What's better is the two snoozes (why do alarms always snooze for 9 minutes...that's so random) were just as restful as the two hours.

But anyhow, here I am, tea in hand, writing a blog I meant to write about four hours ago.

First of all, I know I said I was going to have a nice neutral look to show off with some of my new e.l.f. products. But I lied. The pictures came out crappy...because I don't think I was paying attention when I took them. So instead, here is a bright orangey-red look for ya.

I used the Mehron Tropical AQ palette (the light orange color) as a base.
Some light orange shadow from the original 88 palette in the corner.
NYX's Golden Orange in the middle.
NYX's Sunrise in the outer corner and crease area.
My tried and true Rimmel London black kohl liner in the waterline.
Rimmel London's Sexy Curves mascara (THE BEST).
And a new trick I learned from Eily on Youtube: take an angled liner brush, and dip it into your regular liquid liner (because seriously, those brushes in those things suck). Then line your eye. This prevents major tard-liner, which is my usual look.

Once again, please excuse the funky shape of my eyebrows. I can't do them any better than that. At least I've moved on from having to call my sister and make her do it...also, I had just gotten up from a nap when I took that picture...so it's all messed up.

Ok...on to my sheep! (Did that sound naughty?) It's quite a bit more done since I've taken this picture, but here is my sheep WIP. Those are all popcorn stitches...and this is the first time I've done them. They are hard...and make my hand hurt, so I really don't get much done each time I sit down to work on it. I'll have pictures of his cuteness when he's all finished.



Some other things of note:

I started reading The Count of Monte Cristo. I haven't read it since I was a kid, and had those Illustrated Classics books that my mom used to buy 5 for a dollar and I'd read in about 30 minutes. Every time I see that movie (the one with Jim Caviezel as Dantes and James Frain - Bassianus from Titus...I loooooove Titus ), I forget how much I love the story...and I thought it was about time I actually read it. A few months back I had purchased the Barnes & Noble Classics version, because they are generally less expensive and very good quality, but when I cracked it open it said "abriged" under the title. (Ten points for looking before you buy.) After a bit of creative return policy negotiation, I was able to exchange it for a better version. I was a bit dissapointed though, kind of like when you get your mouth all ready for milk and you've forgotten you've poured yourself a glass of lemonade. I have gotten many other of the B&N classics and none of them have ever been abriged before. *shrugs*

Sunday is my store move. The new store is all shiny and pretty...with new cabinets and carpets and a HUUUUGE back room. We really needed the space...I swear if I had a dollar for every time someone told me that we needed a bigger store, I wouldn't have to work retail ever again.

Also...I am quite addicted to Tweetdeck. If you Twitter and don't have this program, you should get it right now. Between that and Twitterific for my iPhone (oh yeah, I got an iPhone)...I'm a very happy nerd. They both just make things super easy...whereas the website seems to be TRYING to make you crazy. Ten points for third party software.

The end.

PS - I just found out that Jim Caviezel was Jesus in The Passion of the Christ. I must watch this now. No, of course not for Jesus...for Jim!

0 comments: