CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Post Fail

...but I have a good reason.


Tuesday, I go for my surgery.

To bring those of you that don't know up to speed...I will be having Bariatric surgery, more specifically a procedure known as a sleeve gastrectomy (or a partial gastrectomy).

I've been heavy my entire life...and I'm finally doing something about it after trying literally every diet there is. I have been preparing for this for over a year, visiting various doctors and getting a myriad of clearances. I'm 29 now and I don't yet have all of the diseases that comes along with being fat...and I don't want them. The problems that I do have now, will only get worse...and in one instance, will kill me. I'm not ready to condemn myself just yet...and believe me this was a hard decision to make. I will be better and healthier once the weight is gone.

I should be out of the hospital by Thursday or Friday and I will try to update you all on how it was. This is my first surgery and, to be honest, I'm scared shitless. I just keep telling myself that it will all be so worth it.

The end.

4 comments:

Pili said...

*hugs Maria*

Since you are young, you will heal well and since you're a positive person, it'll improve the convalescence!

I'm sure everything will go well! I'll be thinking of you & crossing my fingers for you!

Concertina said...

Thanks Pili!!! *hugs back*

Susie said...

Hope all goes well. Keep us posted as you can. :)
Susie

Unknown said...

I'm sure everything will be fine, good luck honey. x